Saturday, February 26, 2011

So it has been a while

Since my last post, I don't think I have eaten much meat, if at all. And I feel better for it. And so does my conscience. I read a lot of vegetarian stuff (the Kind Life website, Vegetarian Times, etc.) and continuously find tons of new food to try out! Just watched Spice Goddess this morning and she made this lovely cauliflower and sweet potato dish which will be our dinner tonight I think. Am I eating some cheese this morning? Sure. I admire people that are vegan but I personally love my dairy and eggs. Maybe one day I won't. I still plan on raising my own chickens for eggs - possibly this summer even. That way I would totally be able to know they were certified humane! And no, I would never turn them into an entree.
I have succumbed to the occasional pepsi. Would it help to think of it as throwback - with real sugar and not the dreaded HFCS? sort of. I love how the books I read discuss healthy eating as a journey and not an ultimatum. My mind wants me to stop it all right now, but in reality, I have to make changes over time. So yeah, the small changes are adding up. And I am feeling better all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment